Friday, March 26, 2010

Sanya Take Two

Blogging from the beautiful "Hawaii of China".... well, whoever called it that has obviously never been to Hawaii, but it is a quick getaway to a warm spot with a beach.  We headed out yesterday from Tianjin and got in late last night.  Even though it was raining when we arrived, it was still drastically warmer than TEDA! I felt my toes immediately defrost.....I didn't even know they were frozen until we got here.

We woke up bright, but not so early this morning to find ourselves faced with a windy and slightly chilly day.  Luckily I had packed one long-sleeved shirt, just in case I had gotten to badly sunburned that I needed full coverage. It came in handy all day today. No swimming, no beach, but a lot of wandering and exploring. 

Leave it to me to find in the wandering and exploring a spa!  Amazing how they are just everywhere, huh?  We got a lovely massage.  If you ever go there to the spa near the Tea Tree spa but not the Tea Tree spa... I highly recommend #6 and #12 - strong hands!

After the spa my hound dog nose led us to a place called X-Bartender, which makes a mix of lovely concoctions all of which they will put in a to-go cup.  We had a mango daquiri and a margarita, both delicious.  We even got a frequent users card...I plan on going back there every day!

The wind is finally dying down...so perhaps a night swim is in the cards, if I can wake Aaryn up from his late afternoon nap.

I'll get some pictures up as soon as we do anything.....

No comments:

Post a Comment